> Important news about Port Said Container & Cargo Handling Company
The company results for the period from 1/7/2009 to 28/2/2010 compared with the
same period of the previous fiscal year
The employment situation:
41 persons have been appointed while they were working on a temporary contract
- The main activity income for the current period reached LE. 231.5 million against LE.207 million for the same period of the previous year with an increase of 12%.
- The net profit reached LE. 125.8 million against LE. 102 million for the same period of the previous fiscal year with an increase of 23%.
- Net profit for the company reached LE. 97 million against LE. 85 million for the same period last year with an increase of 13%.
- The proportion of activity profit to revenue amounted to 54%.
- The proportion of company profit to revenue amounted to 42%.
The company achievements towards the social responsibility towards the civil society
- To workers:
- Establishment of sports club for employees at a cost of 6 million pounds
- Provide health insurance for workers with the finest hospitals & medical centers
- Work & life insurance policies for the company's employees
- Organizing recreational journeys and Umrah & pilgrimage.
- Supply provision goods at less prices for the company's employees
- Provide meals to workers according to shifts system
- To civil society
- Donating half a million Egyptian pounds for the Egyptian Foundation to serve the community.
- Donate 600 thousand pounds for the victims of floods in Sinai & Aswan provinces
- Free Training for students belonging to Mubarak-Kohl project in the company against a financial incentive.
- Free training for students of Faculty of Engineering - Suez Canal University .
- To environmental conditions improvement
- Providing filters to purify the air of dust during unloading grains for Supply Commodities Authority at an investment cost of 2 million Egyptian pounds.
- Modify fuel cycle to some of the company cars to be operated by natural gas instead of liquid fuel (petrol / diesel)
The approved investment plan is 80 million pounds to purchase the following
Development plan & achievements
- 5 Reach stackers at an investment cost of LE 15 million
- 5 Tractor at an investment cost of LE. 4 million
- 2 Yard gantry cranes (Transtainer) with an investment cost of 14 million pounds
- 1 Marine units to provide services to off-shore oil platforms at an investment cost of 20 million pounds.
- Establishing a container handling company in East Port-Said Port:-
- Assign Maritime Research & Consultation Center to make the necessary studies to establish a container handling terminal in East Port Said which proved the feasibility of this project economically at an investment cost about 3.1 million pounds.
- Submitting a memorandum to the Holding Company for Maritime & Land Transport in this regard showing the need to horizontal expansion in East Port Said . The Holding Company approved the project and it was ratified by H. E. Mr./ President of the Republic during his visit to Port Said in January 2010.
- Development of the current terminal ( West Port Said )
- Assign Suez Canal Authority to make the studies & advise the possibility of deepening alongside the current quay to receive ships of advanced generations belonging to the main shipping lines dealing with the company.
- Development of dry port
The company has established the first dry port in Arab Republic of Egypt in 10th of Ramadan, the biggest industrial city 50 km away from Cairo . It was opened in 1996 on an area of 50 thousand m2 that can handle 6000 box on time. Lately 30000 m2 were added to the port area to become 80000 m2 . It includes a 2000 m2 store capable of providing logistic services to exporters and importers
- Following the instructions of Admiral/ Mohamed Ibrahim Youssef - Chairman of the Holding Company for Maritime & Land Transport, the company is currently providing logistic services in co-operation with sister companies in the field of import, export, customs clearance, maritime & land transport, storage and handling cargo & containers